Grow fresh Kale in your indoor herb garden!
An excellent source of vitamin C, Red Kale provides iron, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, potassium, protein, carbohydrates and dietary fiber. Red Kale is a meaty green that compliments rich complex flavors such as grilled pork, pancetta, sausage, garlic, chiles, onions, thyme and caraway. Kale yeah!
Cooking tip: Sautee or braise the mature leaves, or use the new sprouts raw in salads.
Click & Grow Kale benefits:
- Kale is a great source of vitamins and antioxidants
- Growing Kale will be 100% hassle-free in your Click & Grow indoor herb garden
- You'll get a garden-to-plate experience from your own kitchen
- You'll get to enjoy this known superfood all year round
- No GMO's, pesticides or herbicides - just the cleanest food
Sprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 24°C
- It may appear to be growing slowly at the beginning, no thinning required. Once it has germinated, growth will soon accelerate.
- Please note that Red Kale is heat sensitive and grows best at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C). If the temperature is higher than 75°F (24°C) then germination is inhibited.
- Red Kale grows best if the lamp has just one arm! If the lamp is set too low it may burn your thriving plants. If the lamp is set too high your plants will grow leggy and produce less yield.
- You may begin harvesting your Red Kale in five to six weeks. Do this by picking off the larger outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point. Harvest gradually until the plant is about five to seven weeks old. Alternatively, harvest the whole plant in one go in five weeks.
- If it ages it may loose its nutritional value and signature flavor.